Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait!

It's October 8, 2009. Only 9 days till we depart. 9 LONG days!

Both Russ and I are going crazy counting the minutes. "Jacks-up in 30" (Meaning leveling jack are retracted so we can drive away in 30 minutes) is just not part of our vocabulary yet. But we are wishing and hoping......

One of the many downfalls of the "hurry up and wait" pattern is that we aren't getting much sleep. Once we wake up in the morning, regardless of the time, our minds are whirling with thoughts of leaving and all the things that must be done.

This morning Russ was up at 4:45am, having coffee at 4:50. I was awake at 5:15, and out of bed at 5:30. Which is difficult for me to wrap my head around since I am a "night person".

And it's really not "rocket science" that we thinking about. It's the simple things like the list of stuff to pick up at the condo, where are we going to park my car for the winter (ok - that one is but more serious), what day should we start forwarding our mail, when is the guy coming to clean the roof of the motorhome....the list goes on!

Like I said - not "rocket science" - but still thoughts!

So - enough of this writing. It's 6:45 am. I'm sure there is something else I could be doing in preparation for the trip that is much more useful then writing a blog.

Signing out for now!
-Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment